I love Buchi. I make sure not to leave a trace when I order a Lauriat in Chowking. 😀
And yes, I am one of those people who makes a gloomy face when I see a plate with a buchi on their plate. Why, people? Why can’t you give Buchi a chance? Haha
It’s sweet, soft, and gooey texture sure wins me every time. Just like Tikoy, this is one of my favorite desserts. I tried a lot of filling with this: ube, custard, red bean, and more… but one thing that got me making my own is what I had from Manila Hotel’s Red Jade Chinese Restaurant: Chocolate Buchi
Since lock-down, I tried making our own cakes, cookies, breads, even lasagna. And when I googled how easy this one is, I immediately rushed and make one.
– 1 and 1/2 cups of Glutinous rice flour
– 1/4 cup mild hot water
– 3/4 cup white sugar
– 1 cup sesame seeds
– Chocolate Ganache or you can even try Flat tops 🙂
– In a bowl, place the water and sugar and make sure it is hot but not boiling.
– Pour the mixture to 1 cup of glutinous rice flour and mix.
– Add the remaining 1/2 cup of glutinous rice flour. If you find your mixture a bit sloppy, you may add in more glutinous rice.
– You can cut it to your preferred size, and add in your chocolate filling.
– Fry until golden brown
Check out the video I made for detailed instructions on how to make Chocolate Buchi: