Bump Diaries: Pregnancy Beauty 101 by Nisce Skin Med
I recently attended a mommy event specifically for pregnant women on how to stay beautiful and confident even if you’re carrying a life inside you. The Bump Diaries: Pregnancy Beauty 101 hosted by Nisce Skin Medispa.
If you’re pregnant or intended to get pregnant real soon, I will share with you some helpful hack that I was able to catch during the event on how to stay beautiful during pregnancy.
First, a little introduction on Nisce Skin Medispa, a chain of skin care & wellness centers in the country with 18 branches nationwide that specializes in non-invasive facials, laser, slimming, dermatology and spa services.
VP/COO/International Licensed esthetician Antoinette Nisce-Ngo. The soon-to-be mother of two shared her pregnancy beauty routine. As we all know, many women go into pregnancy expecting to have that tiring look, get breakouts, darker pits & neck, stretch marks and more.
But pregnant Antoinette Nisce-Ngo is a living example that it’s not always
the case and skin care regimen doesn’t need to always be expensive.
Here are the products she shared with us during the event:
1) Nisce Skin Basics Gentle Soap (Php88)– This soap has a Moisturizing, Anti-Bacterial, Anti Inflammatory and Anti Environmental Pollution properties with key ingredients: Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, Shea Butter & 9 more Plant Extracts safe for all skin types including sensitive skin.
2) Nisce Dermatology Papaya Cucumber Toner (Php280)- Best for normal to dry skin. It rehydrates the skin while improving cellular functions and absorption of ingredients like Cucumber extract that soothes irritated skin.
3) Nisce Dermatology Vit. E Cream w/ SPF30 (Php325) – Contains Vitamin E to lock in skin's Natural Moisture along w/ high SPF for daily Protection.
4) Nisce Dermatology Gold Collagen Facial Mask (Php160) – Plumps up the appearance of skin by repairing aging cells with its gold and collagen ingredients.
It was good to know that there are products to use during pregnancy that will not break the bank.
The country and Singapore’s leading digital parenting magazine, theAsianparent, represented by Donna Santos (Head of Brand Solutions)and Candice Venturanza (Head of Content) and the Top Filipino Mommy Blogsite—mommybloggersphilippines.com, represented by Mhaan Arambulo Delos Santos of mommyrockininstyle.com, were also guest speakers of the event. It was highlighted in the forum that Pregnancy Beauty starts with the right attitude and an awareness of what an expectant mother is doing to her body.
Likewise, a certified dermatologist, a diplomat of the Philippine Dermatological Society (PDS) and the Medical Director of Nisce Skin Medispa, Dr. Patricia ‘Trixie’ Valle – Tin, who is also a gorgeous mom shed light on the issue of spa and beauty treatments for expectant mom. Here are the points discussed on “What You Can and Shouldn’t Do”:
a) Your daily beauty routine. Generally speaking, your everyday hair, makeup, and bathing rituals are perfectly fine.
b) MANICURES AND PEDICURES as long as polishes used are safe like Zoya and nail services should not entail massaging your feet and hands.
c) HIGHLIGHTS. While coloring the hair is a topic of debate, highlights are fine as long as the chemicals don’t come in contact with your scalp.
d) MASSAGES. Contrary to the popular belief, a massage is the perfect way to rid you of those pregnancy aches and pains and to help you to relax
and forget the stresses of impending motherhood. NOTE: However, if you’re in your first trimester, it’s better to hold off. Just always make sure that your
masseuse is a certified prenatal therapist.
e) FACIALS. It’s generally safe to get a facial while pregnant—as long as you avoid harsh treatments like microdermabrasion and certain kinds of chemical peels. Try to get an all-natural facial if possible such as the:
– Nisce Natural Fresh Mix Agas Facial
– Nisce Age Defy Facial Or
– Nisce Gentle Diamond Peel Facial
Tip: Test the product on your skin before starting.
f) Post Pregnancy Treatments:
1. NISCE EXILIS ELITE Nonsurgical Fat Reduction on the Abdomen & Abdominal Skin Tightening. When Can You Do It: Six months after delivery and get as close to your pre-pregnancy weight as possible.
2. NISCE FRACTIONAL C02 LASER OR BLOOMEA PARIS TREATMENTS FOR STRETCH MARKS
When Can You Do It: These nonsurgical treatments regimen could be started as early as three months after giving birth.
3. NISCE CUTERA LASER GENESIS for skin rejuvenation, stretch marks treatment, acne scars and pigmentation and permanent hair removal. When Can You Do It: Six months after delivery.
RULE OF THUMB: ALWAYS ASK YOUR DOCTOR FIRST.
Nisce Skin Medispa’s Bump Diaries: Pregnancy Beauty 101, was also an of exchange of mommy life hacks and tips among the members of the press and the mommy and lifestyle bloggers. It was also graced by a make-up tutorial by renowned make-up artist, Youtuber and beautypreneur, Cheneleng Pili of Cheneleng Cosmetics.
It was such a relief to know that full make up is ok as long as there’s no Paraben, Salicylic Acid and Retinoids. So be extra careful in choosing products to ensure that health of both you and your baby.
Not only it was a shower of raffle items and freebies from Nisce Skin Medispa and partners Zoya Philippines and MedEV’s Cutera Philippines, the event also gave us the experience of living and eating in Paris through their grazed table by Aperitif.ph who took Manila’s Instagram scene by storm when sisters Karla Zulueta and Kim Zulueta discovered the art of grazing.
All the food were amazing but this cake was to die for! It was decadent, moist and really chocolatey!
It was such an educational event. I’ve learned a lot during the event and while having Q&A with the fellow mommies. Key takeaway, “Self-care is as important as the focus should be on the baby. “If you’re thinking, ‘how can I create the healthiest baby possible?’ you can’t go wrong.” – Nisce Skin Medispa
For more details check out Nisce Skin Medispa social media accounts: Facebook: facebook.com/nisceskin Instagram: @nisceskinmedspa and website: www.nisceskin.com or call us at
(02) 683-0243 or email us @ email@example.com