Oktoberfest 2018 – 10 things you need to know and why you should go
I’ve been attending Oktoberfest but only local ones. I know it’s all about beers, music and good time with friends. I remember having a blast back then. But now, I had a chance to experience the authentic Oktoberfest that recently launched in Solaire and it was really amazing. So, planning on attending the country’s anticipated event in October 4-6, 2018? I’ve listed the things that you need to know.
- German Club Manila’s longest-running and largest Oktoberfest celebration in the Philippines.
2. This year marks the German Club’s 80th Anniversary.
3. This is the first time that German Club Manila and Solaire has partnered for Oktoberfest, promising the biggest and most authentic celebration to date.
4. The three day event will happen on October 4-6, 2018 (Thursday -Saturday) from 6pm to 2am, and will be held at the 2,400 sqm Solaire Oktoberfest Tent. Entrance to the Tent is located at The Gallery, ground floor of The Shoppes.
5. A grand showcase of German culture, Oktoberfest 2018 will feature fee flow German beer, traditional Bavarian food prepared by Solaire’s German Chef – sausages, pretzels, schnitzel, and many more.
6. A 12-man German band called Bavarian Sound Express will be flying in from Germany as well as a German Host and Waitresses.
7. There’s games and lucky draws
8. Over 25,000 liter of wheat beer and Oktoberfest beer from Weihenstephan, the world’s oldest brewery, will be served during the event.
9. Dress code is smart casual or German traditional outfit (lederhosen or dirnd)
10. Only 18 years old and above are allowed inside the Oktoberfest Tent.
For the food, here’s what’s in store for you.
Bread Basket – Oven-fresh German breads, laugen pretzel, butter
German Potato Salad – Marinated kipfler potatoes, bacon, onions, parsley
Munich-Style Sausage Salad – Lyoner sausage, pickled cucumber, red onions, chives
Cabbage Salad – Shredded cabbage, caraway, vinaigrette
German Cold Cuts & Cheese Platter – Landjaeger, Black Forest ham, farmer’s ham, meat loaf, liver spread, mountain cheese, Bavaria Blu, cheese & grape skewers, obatzda, beer radish, red radish
Sausages and Main Course:
Weisswurst – Munich-style poached veal & pork sausage, sweet mustard
Spaetzle Pan – Homemade noodles, cream, mountain cheese, crispy onion
Homemade Sausage Sampler – Grilled coarse pork sausage, veal sausage, Swabia red bratwurst, Kaesekrainer, sauerkraut, roasted potatoes
Bavarian Meat Platter – Crispy pork knuckle, pork schnitzel, meat loaf, rotisserie chicken, bread dumpling, onion jus
Classic Strudel – Apple & Walnut Strudel, Vanilla Sauce, Ice Crea,
Kaiserschmarrn – Shredded pancake, rum raisin, berry compote, vanilla sauce
So, get your tickets now at Ticketworld
Also, I joined the beer drinking contest and I was just so amazed by the winner. Hands down! 😀
Address: Solaire 1 Aseana Avenue